Wednesday 13 November 2013

Why Everyone Needs to Relax about Lily Allen

One of the most cheeky, opinionated and talented artists of the past 10 years is back with her new video. Lily Allen is back and with a bang. She's back with her video for her new song "Hard Out Here" and in the video she tells it exactly like it is. With lyrics like "If i told you about my sex life you'd call me a slut, boys talking about my their bitches with no one making a fuss" tackling the double standard talking about your personal bedroom habits if you're a boy or a girl. I think it's a private matter personally but there are some very open books and if a woman is very open she is open to abuse but boys get patted on the back. She also states very frankly "if you're not a size 6 and you're not good looking then you better be rich or real good at cooking" which shows the brutal honesty of what women need in this world if they want to be successful which unfortunately is a hot body and looks otherwise forget it. The world is cruel to women at times, smarts is not enough you need to be aesthetically pleasing, sorry ladies!
She also poked fun at the use of woman is music video's by males, woman dancing all over them as the stand by the high priced car and drench themselves in champaign while the males stand by in a fig fur coat and gold chains, honestly I thought is was a great play on the standard male misogynist video. People have got up in arms on how the video is stupid and I think theses people just do not get the satire and need to learn how to take a joke.
I myself thought it was quite smart and told the truth about woman in pop culture. As I have gotten older I find the  degrading of women in these videos concerning. Lily pointedly states in her song "I don't need to shake my ass for you cuz Ive got a brain" which is my view point completely. Now I am not a feminist or a campaigner but I do think woman should be viewed as a bit more than piece of eye candy in a bikini. Don't get me wrong we've all been there in a club, especially on halloween and we dance provocatively enough to the likes of Blurred Lines, but would I want to make a career out of it, absolutely not, to the ladies that do, that is their choice I however would prefer to be known for my career success then being the girl in Pitbull's latest video.
Lily Allen strikes me as a quick witted performer who is not afraid to say what we're all thinking and I think she need to be applauded for this effort than abused and she is wight it is hard out here for a bitch!



Working mum: Lily stepped back from the music world after promoting her 2009 album It's Not Me, It's You and had two daughters with her husband Sam Cooper - Ethel and Marnie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger