Friday 29 November 2013

Britney Spears : Britney Jean : Album Review

My Queen is back with new music and I am beyond excited. Just to give you a little backround on my love for Ms Spears. I have followed this woman's career since I first saw the Baby One More Time music video came out. I was 4 when she came onto the scene and i have been here ever since. although she had a abit of a rough ride for a few years she managed to come back with 3 killer albums anx show she is still a force to be reckoned with in the music business. This is her 4th album since her comeback and it has a strong EDM feel and here's my review track by track!

Alien- The album opens up with this mid tempo track and spears sings how there were times she felt a little lost in this world. I thought she was very brave to be so honest on her opening track and I think it sets a strong tone for the rest of the album.

Work Bitch- Spears does a complete 180 with her next track. This was her first single off her album and it is one of my songs of 2013. The lyrics are full of attitude and the beat is one of the best dance beats I have heard in a pop song in a long time. This is the Britney we know and love and the song is one of the best on the album.

Perfume- Spears shows more vulnerability on this song, talking about the paranoia of wondering if her partner is still hooked on an ex. This is the 2nd single single off the album and it's one of the strongest vocal performances we see on the album.

It Should Be Easy- Spears teams up with Will.i.am again and you can see his infuluence from the start. there is a lot of auto tune and it has the strongest EDM influence on the album which is not a bad thing. the beat is incredible and it is the sort of song you can really move to in the club. One of my favorites.

Tik Tik Boom- A more raunchy offering from the superstar, this strikes me more of a filler although T.I is a nice surprise to the song.

Body Ache- This is very EDM and had a very cool beat after the chores. There is not too many lyrics and it's more of the beat but that worked for Work Bitch and it works here. Really love this song

Till It's Gone- The verses remind me of old Britney but the bridge is pure modern EDM which really works. This would be a huge hit in the clubs and I think this would be an amazing track to see Live. This is definitely one of the strongest tracks on the album.

Passenger- The intro music is a bit weird for my taste and the shores and verses are so different that it doesn't really work. This is probably one of my least favorite tracks on the album.

Chillin' With You- Spears has brought in her little sister Jamie Lynn for this quite odd song. I think this song is just on the album because it's a duet with her sister. This song doesn't fit with the songs on the album. I must add too that Jamie Lynn has a very good voice and it's nice to hear the two sisters rong together, I just wish they chose a better song.

Don't Cry- Britney bares her feelings in this heartfelt song. She shows her vulnerability  and is very open about her heartbreak, which could be said to be about her failed engagement . Although this is not one of my favorites I think there should be at least one ballad on an album and this is it.

Overall: This album is what Britney promised us. It's very open and filled with some strong EDM influences. I think this album is some of her best work. She has moved on with the times and she has struck a good balance of club tracks and sweet ballads to listen to while relaxing. This woman is back on top and this album shows how her voice can adapt to the new style of music dominating the charts. This woman is a living legend and I am so glad she is back to what she does best.

Best Song: Till It's Gone



No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger