Monday 11 November 2013

Lady Gaga; Artpop : Review

The first lady of quirky is back, Lady Gaga is back with her third album. Gaga is quite prominent in my music collection and I have seen her live twice. what I took from her concert is that this woman can sing and I mean really sing. The albums starts off with the mediocre Aura and it is quote an odd piece of music, it is not really a song but more of Gaga rambling along to Dubstep. She then moves into the slightly less off Venus. I actually really like this song. I like the chores and I think she really shows off her vocals and she isn't being drowned out by the music. 
G.U.Y is a bit more is very heavy on the dubstep and the lyrics are a bit random and all over the place. She then moves into the very sensual X Dreams, she gets very descriptive in the lyrics but it is a bit slow and heavy. She's roped in the likes of T.I for Jewels which is very hip hop and she suits the beat and style of hip hop really well, Manicure is pure Gaga upbeat, loads of clapping but edgy lyrics. I loved this song and think it's the kind of song that made me fall in Love with Gaga's music. Do What U Want is the next track and this has  proved to be a big success for Gaga. I really like this song, I think the bet is great and R Kelly adds something different to the song. I can see why this has been a hit. The title track Artpop is next and is very electronic and arty. I really disliked the song, I think it's too odd and a bit of a filler.
She moved into her next track and it could not be more different. She is angry in Swine and you can hear it in her voice, also the beat in this is slick, it's unbelievable, I don't know who produced this song but they did a great job. 
She proves her loyalty to Donatella Versace with her song named Donatella, it's a bit off a random track but you can tell she really admires the woman. She then moves into Fashion which is slower and shoes her voice off more but seems like a bit of a filler. Mary Jane Holland is also filled with Dubstep but it's a bit bland and all over the place. For the next song Dope she sings her heart out, her voice is so strong and powerful but the lyrics in the chores are a bit random but she proves she had got the voice under all the quirky. For the penultimate song Gypsy she goes a little bit nostalgic but it's not that strong of a track, she finishes off the album with lead single Applause which I was not a fan of, I thought it was not as strong as some of her other singles.

For me this album is her weakest to date. We have waited over two years for new music and this does not live up to her previous efforts. I know my mum has been really looking forward from hearing new music from her, (Shes a big fan) as have I but I cannot think of songs that I would rush to download. The problem is that Gaga has set the bar so high we expect greatness. For massive fans this will be a treat but for others it's an alright album from an amazing artist. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger