Monday 25 November 2013

One Direction Midnight Memories Music Review

The biggest boyband on the planet are back with their new album. That's right the 1D boys are back with their third album Midnight Memories and the sound is classic 1D.

Best Song Ever: This song was a huge hit for the boys and their video was a worldwide phenomenon. I loved this song and thought it was really upbeat and it's definitely one of the best songs on the album.

Story of my Life: Their new single is a sweet ballad and has alot of simple guitar strums and it's a really sweet song. I sometimes think boyband ballads are drab but this has a different sound and the video is so sweet.

Diana: This song went a bit over my head, I thought sounded like The Police at times. I think this is a bit of filler in all honesty

Midnight Memories: This has a more rock sound. It's pure 1D, big chores that will fill an arena full on teenage girls. It will be perfect for their stadium tour but I feel like we've heard this sound from the boys so many times before

You & I: The first really slow song on the album. This was a bit of a snooze fest for me, it is the quintessential boy band ballad of telling the girl they are in love with the girl, it's just a boring song

Don't Forget Where I Belong: The boys sing about their new life and their rise to superstardom and how it's important to stay who you are before the money and the fame. It's nice to hear them be so honest and it's a interesting insight into the boys thoughts.

Strong: I liked this song alot. I thought it had strong riffs and drum beats and the music really shows off the boys voices. It is a bit rocky but it really suits their voices

Happily: This sounds a bit like if Mumford and Sons were happy! It's a bit more folky and has a strong use of instruments, it's such a upbeat, sunny song, definitely one of my favorites.

Right Now: This song is a bit dull and forgetful, I would give this one a bit of a miss

Little Black Dress: This sounds like something the Stones would sing. I has an old school and Harry reminds me of Jagger in this track, definitely one of their strongest and it would be great to see it performed Live

Through The Dark: This has a real Mumford and Sons feel. It is real fast guitar sounds and has a real sing song feel. It's nice to hear something different from the boys and it's refreshing to hear them tackle new sounds.

Something Great: This is a bit underwhelming again the boys usual sound just not as strong as other songs

Little White Lies: This has their sound with a bit of added dubstep and it really works. I really like this but it's not the strongest but it's nice to see them inject EDM

Better Than Words: This is the last song on the standard edition. It is a bit of a dull way to end such an eagerly anticipated album. I thought it was a bit dull but 1D fans will love it.

Overall: Honestly this album is the same old stuff just newer songs. I myself am not a huge fan of 1D's music but I do like them as a band. I like how they experimented with some new sounds but they made sure not to stray away from their typical sound. These song is definitely suited to the Stadium tour, songs like Midnight Memories and Best Song Ever will invoke a huge response when performed live. They boys know what their fans want to hear and will not mess with the winning formula. I think they gave their fans a good album and I think critics will be silenced as well. I can't see the 1D gravy train ending anytime soon and this album will make sure the boys are around for another year at least. 

Best Song: Happily







No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger