Friday 17 January 2014

Why This Year is Shaping Up to be a good One

Hey everyone, this post is going to be little different. I know I usually write about celebrity style, give some outfit ideas and other post of a similar nature but this is going to be a little different. This year I am giving myself a goal of improving my lifestyle and health. Now I am not one of those dedicated fitness lovers who blog about their workout tips and recipes, although some of them are awesome.
Last July I got bored. All my friends we're away on a J1, I stayed at home and decided to work on improving myself. I learnt how to drive which took up most of my summer. I also went to gym more as it was a way to kill time. My mum then suggested why don't I get a personal trainer. I contacted a guy I found through a facebook post and found out we were both from the same part of Dublin and his studio was just down the road.
Now I went to the gym a little bit before but this guy kicked my ass in the first session. He even says it himself how different I was the first time he saw me. I am not a girl who ever really liked exercise and I will be blunt about it, However this guy completely changed my perspective. He put my on a nutrition and exercise plan  and I really started to see why people are such fitness heads. I had never felt more energised. I kept this up until Christmas where I gave myself a week of free for all.
Now mid January I am going through a gym bunny phase. Eating well and working out is amazing and there is no better feeling of doing a good hour in the gym and not being able to do anymore, you have pushed yourself to the limit and then you feel like you can take on the world.
I know people say it's January and it's cold and you do not want to exercise, guys, get over it, it has to be done. You will feel like a champ I'm telling you, this coming from a girl who this time last year went to the gym about 3 times a month, now it's minimum 3 times a week, even after a night out, just go, believe me, You will thank yourself. 40 minutes of good hard sweating and a nice hot shower afterwards is way more rewarding than sitting in binge watching Breaking Bad on Netflix (it's still unreal though!)
It is my goal to get a body like Khloe Kardashian by summer, because she is looking goood!
I have seen a huge difference in my fitness levels in the space of a few months and I am loving the fact that I lift heavier weights than some guys at my gym.
I am going to met 2014 be the year that I changed for the better and I hope you guys can do the same!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger