Wednesday 1 January 2014

Top 30 Songs of 2013

Anyone who knows me knows I love music, it is one of my main passions and this year there have been some great songs released. Now there will be the official chart and the critics chart but this is my list of songs that have been my tops songs of 2013, I'm going to do 30-1 here and I hope you all enjoy amazing music in 2014!

30- First Time Jonas Brothers
This year we said bye bye to my teenage idols and overall, a good band, this was their last single they released and it was a slow tune that you could listen to over and over again

29- As Your Friend Afrojack
This was a really upbeat tune and Chris Brown brings his vocals to this track and it really works.

28-Pompeii Bastille
This band is one of my favorite new acts of 2013, every song they put out has been epic and the lead singers voice is just magic

27- Baby I Ariana Grande
This girl has some serious set of vocals. I love the early 90's Mariah influences in her songs and I keep playing this song from the star. I think 2014 is going to be her best year yet because in my view she is the best female vocalist on the market and her star just keeps rising.

26- Wake Me Up Avicii
This song really proved that Avicii is not just another DJ, he is doing something no one else is doing at the moment and mixing country with dance, the result, this song being a worldwide smash, I love Avicii and I think what he is doing is so innovative and fun, he's really leading the way in EDM

25- Radioactive Imagine Dragons
This is another band that I have been really impressed with in the last year. This song is epic and had a really a great use of instruments to the music, I think these guys are ones to look out for in 2014

24- Slow Down Selena Gomez
My girl crush showed the world why she is utterly fabulous with her new album and she got the whole world buzzing and dancing with this smash hit. I love this song and her album is one of my records of 2013

23- The Other Side Jason Durulo
This song was great in the summer as it's a real happy fun song and it was great to see him back on form after his accident

22- Get Lucky Daft Punk
One of the songs of the summer, Daft Punk showed us that even though we have no idea who they are, they can get the whole world dancing, add Neil Rodgers and Pharelles amazing vocals to the mis, there is a reason this was a worldwide smash

21- I Love It Icona Pop
This song made these two Swedes known around the world and this smash is one of the best pop songs in a long. The beat is brilliant and this song has all the makings of an anthem. Your from the 70's but I'm a 90's bitch! 

20- Move Little Mix
I'll be honest I have never thought much of these girls and their music, however this song is one of my favorite tunes of the year and probably in my top 5 from a girlband. I think the now have found their sound and image and it is really paying off.

19- Radioactive Rita Ora
I love this girl, I love everything about her, her look, her music, her red lips, she is one of my favorite artists of 2013, This is my favorite song of hers and I think it would be amazing to see it performed live

18- Same Love Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
This song, lyrically, is one of the strongest in years. The message is clear and beautiful and Mary Lamberts vocals are so sweet but strong, he speaks the truth and I don't know any artist, especially new, who has been so vocal and honest, bravo 

17- Work Bitch Britney Spears
My Queen came back in a major way, she was fierce, sexy and showed us why we love her, because she makes great pop music, all hair Queen Britney

16- Burn Ellie Goulding
As soon as I heard this song I loved it. This beat is great and her vocals are so delicate it really adds to the song, no wonder this went straight to number one, its epic

15- I Knew You Were Trouble Taylor Swift
This is when Taylor went badass, I love the slight added dubstep and how angry and honest she is in the lyrics, also the goat version is just classic

14- The Spark Afrojack
I have been raving about this guy for the past few months and this song is one of my favorite dance songs of 2013, this track is so upbeat and fun I wish it was played in the clubs more often

13- Neon Lights Demi Lovato
This is my favorite song from Demi, it's so dancy with big vocals and chores, I can't speak enough about how amazing I think she is, I hope she sticks to this sound more in 2014 and onwards

12- Disco Love The Saturdays
The girls gave us one of the best pop songs of the year with this tune. I didn't like it when I first heard it but after 2 or 3 listens I was obsessed, the video is also amazing and it's some of the girls best work

11- Clarity Zedd
Zedd is of my best new acts of 2013, This guy is so talented and this song made me shut and listen and wonder who made this track, it's almost euphoric and it's hard to believe this guy is just 20

10- Black Skinhead Kanye West
Kanye West loves to hype himself up but with this song he deserves it, it's just epic and nothing gets me more pumped to workout or go clubbing than hearing this song, honestly the man is a musical genius 

9- Summertime Sadness Lana Del Ray
I love this woman, I don't usually listen to her for EDM but this remix lit up the charts this summer and it is still being played months on, it just shows Lana's voice sounds good over any genre 

8- Can't Hold Us Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
No artist has made such an impact than Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and their follow up tp Thrift show was just as amazing, this song gets me so pumped up and ready for anything, this video is also epic and showed how much energy and passion these guys have for their music

6- Stay The Night Zedd
I love this song so much, it just shows how Hayley Williams can sing any genre and the beat is so upbeat and fun, I can't wait to see more from this guy

5- I Need Your Love Calvin Harris feat Ellie Goulding
This song turned out to be my favorite song from the 18 Months Album, I like how Ellie vocals are so soft against the beat and the song is so fun and uplifting, also Calvin looks really hot in the video!

4- I Could Be The One Avicii & Nicky Romero
This song reminds me of summer and makes me happy! These two guys are amazing and together they made a great track, Love this so much!

3-Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
The most controversial song of the year, but one of the best in my view, yes I know as a female I should be repulsed by this song but honestly I cannot stop dancing to this song, I love it, it's a great song

2- Counting Stars One Republic
Ryan Tedder is a genius end of! This song amazing, upbeat without the cheese, this guys = pure songwriting genius

1- Lana Del Ray Young & Beautiful
 
This song is hauntingly beautiful, her vocals, the music, it's pure fabulous it was perfect for the film Great Gatsby , sparkling, beautiful, just perfect.










No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger