Monday 13 January 2014

Golden Globes: Fashion Review

Last Night Hollywood kicked off award season in a big way with the Golden Globes. Some of the biggest stars of the big and small screen graced the red carpet with bursts of color and fun. He'res a look at some of the hits and misses of the night.

Taylor Swift wore a black and raspberry Carolina Herrera dress to the awards and I think this dress really suits her style. I am not crazy about the fabric but it seems this hard fabric is in right now. I think its nice but underwhelming. 

A rainbow of dresses: Amy Adams, Reese Witherspoon, Amber Heard and Sandra Bullock were the leading brights on the red carpet at the Golden Globes Awards at the Beverly Hilton on Sunday night
Reese Witherspoon looked sleek and sexy in a aqua Calvin Klein dress. I love how it's so simple but really catches your eye. She looks amazing

 
Amy Adams wore a 70's style maxi Valentino to the awards. I think this is so dull and to casual. I think it looks like something I can buy on the high street for €30. Maybe she wanted to keep with America Hustle theme for the night but she does not look like she is at the  Golden Globes

Navy blue beauty: Amber Heard opted for a one shouldered dress split to the thigh with big hair
Amber Heard did her best Angelina with a navy Versache  dress with a high split. I really like this look and I love the hair. I like it but it's a look that's a bit "done"

Dazzling in Dior: Jennifer Lawrence sported a strapless white gown with black band detail and diamond jewellery
Oh Jennifer, this Dior dress would be simple and stunning if the black band at the hips we're not there. I hate to critique her style but I am not crazy about it but I don't hate it, he'res hoping she bring's it better at the SAGS

Three tones of colour: Sandra looked beautiful in the unusual striped creation teamed with black open toed shoes
Sandra Bullock wore an interesting Prabal Gurung  dress. I like this dress. I think it's fun and full of color and let me tell you satin is hard to wear. I really like this on her as it's not her usual style.

Unusual choice: Julia Roberts appeared to be sporting a white short underneath a strapless black gown and glittering belt
Julia Roberts wore a simple black Dolce and Gabbana with a shift detail. I like this as 30 years on the red carpet she is still taking risks and pulling it off. She's Julia Robert she will always own the red carpet.

Nights in black lace: Cate Blanchett sported a Valentino gown with plunging backless detail
Cate Blanchtte made a statement in Armani. I love the detail on this dress and how she let the dress do the talking. She looks great.

Mila Kunis shone in a silver Gucci, I love this on her. It's pure Mila, sexy but sleek but forever making a statement. Also I love the color against her skin tone. Stunning.

Lady in red: Nominated Lupita Nyong'o sported a sleeveless red Ralph Lauren gown, complete with cape detail
Lupita Nyong'o I bow down to you. This Ralph Lauren dress is second to none. The color, the cape, the simple jewelry. Amazing. I am really looking forward to seeing her on the red carpet from now on. Flawless

Glittery green: Pregnant Olivia Wilde sported a clinging Gucci number over her blossoming baby bump
Olivia Wilde, Queen of maternity style. This Gucci dress would look amazing if she was not with child. I love this so much. She looks sexy and glamorous without trying to hard, Love this so much on her

A colourful sight: Drew arrived with husband Will Kopelman, rubbing her baby bump in the colourful Monique Lhuillier gown
Another Mother to be but her style was not striking. This Monique Lhuillier dress is very mum to be which is not a bad thing however if she was not pregnant this would be a big fat fashion fail

 Back to black: Jessica Chastain opted for a solid choice of black strapless Givenchy gown with silver necklace
Jessica Chastain looked utterly amazing Givenchy dress. I love the detail on the bodice and how she kept it simple with simple hair and that stunning necklace. I love this  look so much on her, another style win for my girl crush

Pure sophistication: Kate Beckinsale showed off her slim frame in a Zuhair Murad fishtail gown and loose updo
Kate Beckinsale shone in a Zuhair Murad silver dress. I love how it's flashy but she looks in no way trashy and cheap. another stunning look from the actress

Slim and stylish: Uma Thurman showed off her tiny waist in a Atelier Versace black silk and lace gown
Uma Thurman looked drab in this cheap looking Versace. I think the detail at the bottom of the dress looks dated and it dosen't even looks like it fits her that well. Not a good look at all

Dream in cream: Zooey Deschanel looked pretty as a picture in an Oscar De La Renta gown and matching heels
Zooey Deschanel looked like a princess in this stunning fairy tale like Oscar De La Renta. I love how she kept to her princess style and I love how she went for a soft color pallet like this. She looks so glam but still quirky, flawless.

Hot metal: Naomi Watts sported a slinky Tom Ford champagne gown with a chunky gold neck detail
Naomi Watts showed us she still got it in a metallic Tom Ford. I love the cut out detail and I love how she accessorized with Gold, a great look from her once again

Red alert! Emma Watson wore a unconventional red Christian Dior gown with a pair of black leggings to protect her modesty
Emma Watson looked like an pure English Rose in a stunning striking red Dior gown, I love the navy shoes as well, she has never looked better.

Coordinated looks: Tina sported a strapless gown with bright pink flowers and Amy sported a sleeveless black gown
Tina Fey why, why. The dress looks old and dated and the mix and matched pattern and color pallet looks cheap and old, hard to believe this is Carolina Herrera


Coordinated looks: Tina sported a strapless gown with bright pink flowers and Amy sported a sleeveless black gown
Her side kick for the night made a statement thought. Amy Poehler looked simple but chic in Stella Mccartney

Unique: Zoe Saldana sported an unusual black and white clashing patterned Prabal Gurung dress with pink heels
Zoe Saldana, wtf? This Prabal Gurung dress is a mess. There is so much going on and none of it good. This is just one big fail from the usually uber stylish star

Thanks to my glam squad! Heidi Klum paid tribute to her team of stylists via Twitter ahead of the show
Heidi, the 90's called they want their look back. This is a pure mess. I hate this look which is a pity as I usually can never go wrong in Marchesa, especially from the supermodel, this is a pity as she usually looks flawless

All white on the night: Margot Robbie flashed the flesh in a plunging white gown split to the thigh with beaded detail on the waist and shoulder
Margot Robbie wow, this Gucci gown has such a stunning detail and I love how she went with emerald green shoes. Flawless

Over the top: Paula Patton wore a Stephane Rolland dress with ruffled shoulders
Paula Patton, I'm sorry what is this. I f she kept it just a simple white dress it would look great but that big thing on the side on her dress, it's awful. I really think she went way to far trying to be high fashion


Kaley Cuoco wore a floral printed gown. I like this, I love the silhouette  and I like love the pale simple colors featured on the dress

Red carpet lovelies: Berenice Bejo, Mayim Bialik, Dianne Wiest and Thea Andrews really managed to send the glamour levels into overdrive
Mayim Bialik looked pure class in her black dress. She has never looked better and in no way her nerdy alter ego


Melissa Rauch looked bright and fun in a yellow dress. I like how she kept it simple and bright.

 Black and white delight: Hayden Panettiere sported a geometric Tom Ford gown
Hayden Panettiere Tom Ford monochrome dress did not wash well with me. I think it looks messy and a little cheap, sorry

Mellow yellow: Lena highlighted her hourglass figure in the fitted gown
Lena Dunham wore a attention grabbing Zac Posen. She got a lot of hate for this dress but I like it. She may not have Sofia Vergara curves but her body looks damn good in this and I like how she had fun with her look

Voluminous: Sofia Vergara sported a Zac Posen gown with very full skirt teamed with a chunky turquoise necklace
The ultimate bombshell and my ultimate girl crush wowed in a Zac Posen ball gown. I love this look, this is how you do black on the red carpet. I love the aqua statement necklace and how amazing is her hair, fabulous

Svelte: Anna's stunning champagne gown showed off her slimline figure to the maximum
Anna Gunn went for simplistic chic in Donna Karen. I love the neckline and the color against her skin, she looks better than ever

Beaded beauty: Downton star Michelle Dockery wore a strapless silver gown with a lift on the hemline at the front
Michelle Dockery showed us all how to do English Rose. This Oscar De La Renta is so girlie and stunning, I love how she always dresses like  a superstar on the red carpet, another flawless look

Happy together: Emma Roberts and fiancée Evan Peters couldn't stop smiling as they walked the carpet together
Emma Roberts has arrived, this Givenchy gown is so lady like and she looks so classy and feminine, really impresses with her and I adore that neckline

Blooming lovely: Pregnant Kerry Washington showed off her growing bump on the red carpet
Hello, Kerry Washington showed the world that  pregnancy will not slow down her amazing style recond, this Balenciaga white dress is perfect on the actress and complements her ultimate  accessory her super cute baby bump

Pink lady: Sarah Hyland wore a sophisticated coral pink gown
Sarah Hyland kept it young and fun in a coral dress. I think she looks great and age appropriate and I love the hair


Arial Winter looked beyond her years in this red gown, she looks like she is taking a leaf out of Sofia Vergara's book. However she looks great  and oh so chic

Fine fillies: Tamron Hall, Guiliana Rancic, Savannah Guthrie and Zosia Mamet all showed fabulous form on the red carpet
Zosia Mamet looked old beyond her years in this dull dress, this looks ages her and I really think she could have done a lot better

Big black dresses: Jacqueline Bisset wore off-the-shoulder black and gold, while Monica Potter sported a gold top and black skirt, Allison Williams wore black and white
Allison Williams does us all a favor and dresses like a classic beauty should. This dress is flattering, classy chic and her hair and make up tops off a classy lady like look

Modern lady: Downton Abbey's Laura Carmichael sported a black and white sleek strapless gown which looked a far cry from her TV alter ego Lady Edith
Whoever made this dress needs to tell me why they let Laura Carmichael wear it with a big black paint stain down the side. This would have looked so pretty it the stupid black detail was not on the dress, it really ruins it which is real pity

No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger