Tuesday 23 July 2013

The Debs: Tips to look Fantastic

It's that time of the year again. Deb's, Prom, Graduation, there are many different titles, but it's the night where you get dressed up, spend the night with your class and usually have an unforgettable night.
My Debs was two years ago in November so it was very late in the season but most schools around South Dublin are around October/ November. However I know some Debs are to start in the next few weeks and here are some tips to look fantastic and have a brilliant night.

1: When it comes to the Debs dress get something that will travel well. Sparkles may be a hit now but what about in 20 years. Try to avoid trends that are in fashion and pick a dress that you will look back in 20 years and say, "I looked great that night". At my Debs the colors that were most popular were white and blue. You have to remember what colors suit you skin tone and hair and figure. Also the more simple the dress, the more stunning accessories you can wear. Remember as well, you make the final call, your the wearer.

2: Boutiques are fantastic if you are afraid that you are going to turn up in the same dress as someone else. most will take the name of your school and won't let you get the dress if someone in your year has bought it. most department stores won't do this. I got mine from Coast and I was lucky it was a limited edition stock and the only other place you could get the dress was Belfast. I tried on five of the dresses girls in my year wore and nearly bought one of them. However you can get away with it, thankfully no one in my year wore the same dress as anyone else. Also if you really want to stand out, you can get your dress made.

3: If you are like most girls and are getting your tan done, I recommend getting it done, two days before. You are going to shower the night before your debs and if you are getting an upstyle done on the day hairdresser tell you wash the night before. I did this and it worked really well for me, also try and get this in a package, some salons get give hair, nails tan all in a package at a price.

4: One the day for hair and makeup try and get them to come to you if you can. I got my hair done in Dundrum and I got a MAC girl to come to my house and I'm telling you it relieves so much pressure. You are going to be stressed and the fact that they come to you and go at your pace is great, also MAC girls are the best in the business but there are some freelance makeup artists that will come to your house. Book well in advance though, they will book fast, also book hair in advance too.

5: I'm going to sound like a granny here but don't get blind drunk at your debs. This is a massive night and like any night out, you want to talk about it with your friends, it's not much fun saying "I Don't remember a thing". It's all about enjoying yourself. There many nights to get hammered, leave this one out. Also remember your camera, you're going to have some many potential profilers that night. enjoy yourself and finish secondary school with a bang.

My Debs November 2011


Me and My Bestie, she got her Dress made and it looked amazing. 











No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger