Monday 1 July 2013

Review: Skins Fire Part 1

Ever since I was 14 Skins has been must watch TV. Its raw depiction of youth has always courted controversy but at the same time, won praise from critics and fans. Tonight we followed Effy from Generation 2. It followed the former wild child, hustling in the business world. It showed her making millions for the company, while starting a love affair with her boss. 
I have to be honest, I never liked Effys character during the series, I just never warmed to her as a character. This episode shows her as a tough young woman, who is able to handle the big business boys in London. 
I like how is showed how she has come from a damaged teenage girl to a successful  business women. 
It also featured Naomi from the second generation as well who moved to London with Effy to pursue a career as a stand up comedian, although she isn't exactly a big hit. It is later revealed she has cancer which was a big shock to viewers. I think the episode set up a good backstory for what's to come in Part 2.
I think Kara Scodelario who plays Effy was fantastic. She really has shown how versatile she can be, from playing a damaged wild child to where Effy is today, is very impressive. I thought the episode was great and had me hooked, but it was not as daring as some episodes have been in the past, which as an avid viewer of the show, it something you expect, but the good thing was this episode did not need to be daring. I think Skins is one of the best dramas to come out of the UK in a long time and with this standard the shows is giving fans the ending it truly deserves. Exploring the characters and keeping everyone just as hooked. 
Kara Scodelario

Skins series 7 followed Effy tonight and will follow other popular characters, Cassie (from Generation 1) and Cook(Generation 2) in the coming weeks.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger