Sunday 21 July 2013

Music Review: Stars Dance, Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez has always been my guilty pleasure. I have all of her albums and really like her music. She has been off the music scene for two years and in that two years she has come leaps and bounds when it comes to her music. This album has a much more mature sound to it and she is experimenting with new sounds and genres. She is no longer in the guilty pleasure category, I love this album and i think her music is great, really upbeat and the sort of the thing a 20 year old girl can buy and not pretend its for someone else!

Birthday: The first track of the album is very different from anything she has released. It's a bit reminiscent of Santigold, its got a interesting slow beat and its a song you can sing along to, its a great opener and sets the tone for the rest of the album. 7/10

Slow Down: The second single off the album is another dance track. Its got a good slow beat and the lyrics are fun and easy to sing along to. I loved this song when I first heard it and I think it was a great choice for a single. 7/10

Stars Dance: The albums title track is another slow beat song and there is a fun interesting use of autotune. It's a nice track but I wouldn't have named the albums after this track. 6/10

Like a Champion: This is completely different from most of the album, its a dancehall track and has hints of Rihanna in it. It even has the line "Shine light diamonds in the sky". Its cool to see her try different genres to what is mainly on the album and I think she pulls it off really well. 6/10

Come and Get It: the lead single off her album has Indian sound to it. It's completely different than anything that is in the charts at the moment, when I first heard it I wasnt to sure but I love it now and its goes well with the the dance tracks on the album. 7/10

Forget Forever: This song is a heartbreak song and it has a bit more guitar sounds in it. It has a unique sounds leading up to the chores and it sounds almost like wedding bells. I really like this track think it's cool to see her do something different again. 8/10

Save The Day: This reminds me a bit of europop, honestly I thought this could be an entry for Eurovision. Not in a bad way, it could be a strong contender. I love this song its upbeat and the bridge reminds me of 90's pop. It's also got some latin flavour in it, One of my favorites off the album. 8/10

B.E.A.T: This song sounds similar to Bass Down Low by Dev. I like the song but its not my favorite off the album. 6/10

Write Your Name: This song is a bit slower but builds up coming up to chores and has a dancey beat. Its not my favorite and a bit of a filler but I still like it. 6/10

Undercover: this is my favorite song off the album, I love it, I know all the words already. I love the beat and think its a great dance track, I love this song so much, a great dance pop track. 10/10

Love Will Remember: This ballad is about bieber and the phone message at the start is from Justin. The song is very honest and open but I found the song a bit forgettable. 5/10

Nobody Does It Like You: This is rumored to be about Bieber as well. The autotune gives a cool effect and I really like it. I would have placed it higher on the album listening and i think it would be really cool to see her perform this live. 8/10

Music Feels Better: This song is a great way to finish the album. It's a sunny fun uplifting track. It the type of song that you can have blaring on a sunny day, its  a really fun song and a good way to finish a strong pop album. 7/10

     





No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger