Friday 25 April 2014

Make Up to the Gym: Yay or Nah

As a regular gym goer I have noticed somthing of late, the amount of make up worn to the gym by females. There is very few woman in my gym. There are the older ladies who are just there to lose the belly and love handles and there are girls my age.Young and doing a lot of cardio. I have noticed they use very minimal make up or none at all and other days you see the odd one or two who have a full on face, I mean Kim Kardashian levels.
I always feel a little stupid when I have a full face of makeup on when I'm lifting but before you judge it is only if I have come from a long day at college. However if I am going to the gym coming from home I must admit I pop on a small bit of mascara and a tiny bit of concealer. It just makes me look more alive.
I had this conversation with one of the guys I go to college with last year. He was giving me a lift to the gym and he is a proper gym head, you know the gym, the one's who a ripped to shreds and eat about 3 chicken breasts and a protein shake for like, every meal. Anyway, while enroute from college, I took out my make up bag mid convo and started topping up may my make up and received the response "I thought you're going to the gym" "I am" "Then why are you doing your make up, your just going to sweat it off!" Theres me thinking "Silly Boy that is what powder is for". He then went on a good five minute lecture on how the gym is a place to sweat and get fit and make up should be a non factor. My response "If I am going to get sweaty hair and pull funny faces in the weights room, I want to look good doing it!" Cue another long speech!
I can see where he coming from though, For people like him, the gym is where you go to get shredded and get "dem gains" but he is also the gym that wears those small shirts and shorts and spends forever lifting, that is my male equivalent of make up to the gym and believe me, there are many at my gym!
It makes me feel a hell of a lot better standing in the weights room with a bunch of lads with a bit of color on my face then standing there with no make up, workout clothes and a big bun lobbed on the top on my head.


Today just before a session with my personal trainer, with a fair bit make up on!



A Snapchat with a bit more than usual having a whale of a time

Just after a workout session







No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger