Saturday 5 October 2013

Miley Cyrus Bangerz: Review

It is here the "New Miley" album that will set her completely distance her from her Hannah Montana days. This will tie in with her new sexy OTT image. She has told us that this is the album "she wanted to make for a long time". I myself have always like Miley's music. I had some songs from her Hannah Montana meet Miley Album and I had her Breakout album as well as some songs from Can't be Tamed and Time Of Our Lives. However this is a brand new sound from the star and it has a random mix of songs. 

Adore You- The album starter is a ballad and it doesn't really set the tone of the album. It doesn't really fit in the new Badass Miley but it's a nice ballad.

We Can't Stop- Her first single off the album and her big comeback. The song grew on me after a few listens and I love it now. This should have been the first song off the album.

SMS ft Britney Spears- This has a slick slow beat Britney brings something special to the song. Miley more raps than sings on this track but if it was just her without Britney it would not be memorable.

4X4 ft Nelly- This is real country and I love it. It get's you moving and it suits her voice so much more than hip hop. It's also nice to hear Nelly because he hasn't been as prominent and he tops off the song. Love This.

My Darlin ft Future- This has a real hip hop beat and samples Stand By Me. miley sounds good on the track and the lyrics are great but Future sounds a mess and it sounds like a drunk man was in the studio recording with Miley. He really brings this down, Miley could have held this on her own.

Wrecking Ball- Regardless of the Video I Love this song. I think it really shows off her vocal range and I think the lyrics are beautiful. More of this please!

Love Money Party ft Big Sean- This has a dance beat to it and it's a real party track. I really liked this and voice sounds great.

#GETITRIGHT- This sounds like a 90's RnB track and in my opinion it's one of the strongest tracks on the album in my opinion. Her voice sounds great and it's a fun and cheeky song.

Drive- I can't help think this is about Liam. Miley bares her soul in this song against a hip hop beat. I can't help feel for her on this track as she puts her emotions across so well on this song. I really liked it.

FU ft French Montana - This sounds like a mix between big band and hip hop. She is pissed in this track. She is giving Liam the ultimate Message FU and by the sounds of it she said a lot worse to him. I love how raw and angry she is against the beat. Very Powerful.

Do My Thang- This is her best effort to be gangsta. She is trying to tell us she is Queen Bee but this track makes me think she has a long way to go until Beyonce and Britney start to worry.

Maybe You're Right- This track is a bit forgettable and dull. It's a ballad with a strong drum beat. Not her best work.

Someone Else- This song sounds the same as some of the stronger tracks on the album. It seems a bit "done", however I do like the added dubstep.

Rooting For My Baby- This is a bit more chilled out and a bit more simple. Very drum circle, but it's not great.

Own My Own- This sounds a lot like "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes and that distracted me a bit. It is another filler and thats probably why it's a bonus track.

Hands In The Air ft Ludacris- I thought this would be more of a party anthem but it's way more hip hop. It's an alright finish to an alright album.

My Verdict: I will not be buying the album. I just think it goes from one good to one really bad song too quickly, it is not consistent and when I think that she worked with the likes of Pharrell and Will.i.am I was expecting alot more. The songs that are supposedly about Liam are the best and I admire more how she did not hold back and songs like 4X4, #GETITRIGHT, Love Money Party and We Can't Stop are really fun. However when it's not strong it's bad. For me a few good songs do not help overpower what I think is a average album.

Best Song: Wrecking Ball




No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger