Monday 21 October 2013

Kardashian Kollection for Lipsy: Review

Earlier this year it was announced that the Kardashian sisters we're to end their partnership with Dorothy Perkins and stock their Kardashian Kollection range in Lipsy. I always buy from the range as I think they are affordable and make me look good. Today the new range was unveiled in full and it will go on sale on Thursday.Here's what I think of some of the pieces.

Red alert: Cut out neckline bodycon dress, £50
This red body con dress is really nice and I love the cut outs at the top, I think it will be a big hit for Christmas and you would be able to wear this all year round. It is priced at €60

Black out: Cut out dress, £55
This midi cut out dress kind of confuses me. I know I would never wear something like this on a night out, purely because it isn't my style. I think it's alright but nothing special. It's also priced steeply enough at €65.

One-piece: Lace halter jumpsuit, £75
I think this jumpsuit is really tacky. I think the material looks really cheap. It is also priced at €90. I would have to be paid €90 to wear this. It looked great on Kourtney but I think this is a dud piece.

Animal behaviour: Pussy bow blouse, £40
No Kardashian Kollection without a spot of leopard print. This can be worn day or night but it is not worth €50.

 Furry nice: Cropped full feather jacket, £150.00
I LOVE this feather jacket. It's got a Gatsby feel to it and with long party nights coming up in the cold weather this jacket will keep you warm and looking great, but you need to rock it with confidence. It's priced at €180 but if you have the money, I would buy it.

All white: White PU shift dress, £60
This skater style shift dress would be a great simple daytime look. You could even wear it to the office. I think it looks cute and fresh and it is not to expensive at €70

Graphic: Lipsy geo leopard midi dress, £55
I like this dress, it is a little unusual, only girls with confidence can wear this dress, it is not for the faint hearted, if you like it and can rock it, it's priced at €65

Leather look: Embroidered PU shift dress, £65
Leather is not going anywhere. This is my favorite piece as I love the leather look. I also like how it is a shift dress. It's priced at €77 but I know I will definitely be buying it.

Voluptuous: Cut out dress, £55
Similar to the black one shown earlier, I think the same but like the color more. I wouldn't wear it but I'm sure there are ladies who would, for them it's €65.

Leggy: Wet look PU leggings, £38
I really like these leggings, I like how the wet look is very subtle, The Kardashians love a good pair of leggings and these will set you back €45

Simple: Chain detail cami, £30
This simple cami will look great with the leggings shown above, or a good pair of skinnies. I also like the color (it's also available in black) and for €35 it's not too pricy.

Chic: Cream tailored blazer, £75
A good blazer is key to any ladies wardrobe. I like the cut and paneling on this and how it is not to long. It's a little steep at €90 but it will last you for many seasons.

On trend: Embroidered PUskirt, £48
The Kardashians love a leather skirt and this looks really cute. I will probably be buying this as I have been looking for a decent leather look skirt for a while now, also it is not to expensive at €55

Demure: High neck lace midi dress, £65
I'm sorry but what is this. I think this is cheap. I hate cheap looking lace and the red makes it look worse. For anyone still interested it's €80

Sheer delight: Lace long sleeve shift dress, £55
I really like this dress. I think the lace on the arms and shoulders is nice and not cheap looking at all. I think I may have to but this one too as it looks like a dress you can wear day and night. Priced at €65

Lovely lace: Lace top halter pencil dress, £75
Again, I don't know what this is, I think it awful and looks cheap and badly made. For anyone who wants to look like a Downton character the dress is €90

Embellishment: Long sleeve tribal caviar dress, £65
I love this dress, perfect for any season, but especially Christmas, it is pure glam and fabulous without being tacky, for anyone interested (ehem me!) it is €80

Well I have to be frank, I am a little disappointed in this collection, it's not as strong as their previous efforts. However there are some great pieces in there that make up for the tacky numbers. I love the sisters and their style and I will be buying some of these pieces but not as much as I hoped to want.

Fashionista sisters: Khloe, left, and Kourtney, centre, joined Kim in the campaign for their Kardashian Kollection, which will bow in U.K. store Lipsy on Thursday

5 comments :

  1. No-Just no. I'm so surprised to read that you like their clothes. I've not only seen their clothes, but I have carefully examined the workmanship and the materials. One word-CHEAP! Cheap, cheap, cheap. Price way to high for what you get. I feel bad asking, but do the Kardashians pay you to say good things about their clothes? Their clothes are so tacky and cheap looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have been, "Priced way too high..."

      Sorry for the error.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm...My correction didn't show up. Original post should have said, "Priced way too high..." My apologies for the errors. Thanks!

      Delete
    3. No the Kardashians have not employed me to say good things, I would never be paid to lie in a review, I do this for fun. I have always liked their collections but this is not my favorite, also Lipsy dresses are around €70-90 for most dresses so there are some dresses cheaper than average but I know it is pricy for some people. I also said how I think some of the pieces look cheap, but overall I would buy one or two pieces, thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. No the Kardashians have not employed me to say good things, I would never be paid to lie in a review, I do this for fun. I have always liked their collections but this is not my favorite, also Lipsy dresses are around €70-90 for most dresses so there are some dresses cheaper than average but I know it is pricy for some people. I also said how I think some of the pieces look cheap, but overall I would buy one or two pieces, thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Be an e-tailPR blogger