Monday 26 August 2013

Miley Cyrus VMA Performance: My Reaction

Last Night, when America was watching the MTV 2013 Video Music Awards I was on twitter to see the commentary. I knew the show would be show this evening in Ireland and the UK but I couldn't help myself.
at one my point my timeline was blowing up about Miley performance, most people were shocked and disgusted, I knew I would have to check it out the next day.
I looked at the performance today online and I have to say I was shocked and disgusted. Miley has been acting gangster and ghetto at the moment and I haven't taken her seriously but after that performance last night, I think she just went too far and became a big joke.
I know that she wants to get away from the Disney image but there is a way to do it that doesn't involve gyrating on married man on stage.
Take a look at Selena Gomez, she is trying to move away from the Disney image and she is doing such a good job at it, she is being taken seriously in her craft as well. She has starred in more adult roles such as Spring Breakers and Getaway her album, which has a more adult sound and theme, went number one and she walked away with a moonman last night.
During the performance Miley sang her hit "We Can't Stop" then Robin Thicke came on and they duetted his hit "Blurred Lines". During the performance "Drake" looked so Done with her performance, Rihanna looked confused and the 1D boys looked pure uncomfortable.  There is also a video of Taylor Swift watching the performance and she is laughing her head off and looking shocked at the same time.
I thought is was so inappropriate and made her look so desperate. She wants to be taken seriously as an artist but she's acting so trashy.  I also thought she was out of tune during the Blurred Lines duet and it ruined what could have been a great performance from Robin.
Rubbing up against him in sexual positions, simulating masterbation, sliding her foam hand up against Robins crotch and Rubbing her own suggestively, I mean this is a big awards ceremony and really bringing down the tone. You also have to remember Robin Thicke is a married father of one, and If I was his wife Paula Patton Miley would not want to see me afterwards for a long time!
Many celebrities such as Nick Cannon and Brooklyn Decker tweeter their disgust as well as many other twitter users.
I cannot image acting that way myself, especially not in front of millions of viewers, I know the likes of Rihanna and Lady GaGa can be wild on stage but this was just trashy, this was trying too hard and that performance was just pathetic.

It's supposed to be a family-friendly show: Miley Cyrus clearly didn't get the memo as she gets up close and personal with Robin
Really?

Is anyone actually listening to her sing? Miley carries on with her distracting behavour
Bit Much

Too too much! Miley points out Robin's crotch... just in case we weren't aware where it was!
Yes We Know What's There

Miley looked excited for the night ahead perhaps looking forward to her duet with Robin Thicke
On the Red Carpet

The Old Miley

No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger