Wednesday 8 May 2013

Mike Jeffries, Retails Biggest Ass.

After reading that Abercrombie CEO Mike Jeffries only wants thin and hot people to wear his clothes, I just sat there in shock. In this day and age and where designers are fighting to say "We accept all shapes" I am shocked that a man is so behind. Jeffries seems to need a wake up call. In this economy retailers  need to sell to everyone to make sure profits are up. Abercrombie is expensive enough with only a certain amount of people able to buy it regularly, excluding a certain portion of the market because they are not a size six is silly and to be honest, bad for business.
In Ireland a new flag ship store opened just before Christmas and the main buyers, Pre- teen and teenage girls and boys up to the age of 20. The clothing has a lifespan among consumers, its cute stuff until you come to age where you see its stupid to spend 60 euro on sweatpants. Thankfully I have reached that age. When I was younger I had loads of Abercrombie and would wear it all the time. Now I wear my sweatpants around the house or to the gym.
Young girls are not at that stage yet and to be honest I hope Jefferies come to his senses soon before he  ruins the company's reputation.


Mike Jeffries



The good looking in store models at the opening of the Dublin Store.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger