Tuesday 14 May 2013

Angelina's Brave Choice

This morning it was announced that Hollywood Megastar Angelina Jolie had a double mastectomy as she was told she had 87% chance of getting breast cancer and 56% of getting ovarian cancer. Jolie lost her mother in 2007 to Ovarian Cancer and as a mother of six I'm sure sure she has done everything she could to make sure she sees her children grown up.
Her fiancee Brad Pitt told the Evening Standard "Having witnessed this decision firsthand, I find Angie’s choice, as well as so many others like her, absolutely heroic. 'I thank our medical team for their care and focus. 'All I want for is for her to have a long and healthy life, with myself and our children. This is a happy day for our family.'
I personally think that her choice was a brave and smart one. However after listening to a talk show where this was the topic I was shocked to hear people criticize her with some saying "she is only doing it for attention". All I can say to a person with that thought is, You are a ignorant fool and if you cannot see the choice this women made as a tough but brave one then I really feel  for you as you cannot see the obvious reason for it.
I'm sure it wasn't was not easy for Ms Jolie to undergo such a procedure and it must have taken a bit of thought but if she can live a long and happy life with brad and her children, it was worth the procedure.    

 
  
Angelina Jolie


 Jolie and her Fiancee Brad Pitt 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger