Monday 23 December 2013

Kardashian Kollection Review

The Kardashians hit Lipsy in a big way in October of this year but they are back with their second range for the store and it is standard Kardashian Kollection. There are more prints this season but they haven't strayed very far from their standard designs, here's a look of their latest collection


Dress to impress: The 14-piece range is packed with spider web lace and shapes such as the midi length bodycons to reflect the Kardashians love for figure hugging silhouettes (L) lace dress, £75, (C) peach dress, £75, (R) black dress, £75
Dresses with high neck detail are very on trend but for me I don't think the colors work that well together but I do like the length and the blush pink, I just think it would have worked better in a white or blue. This costs €90

Revealed: The full campaign shots of the sisters modelling the range will be unveiled later this week (L) floral black dress, £60, (C) colourful floral dress, £58, (R) peach bodycon, £60
I really like this blush bodycon dress, I think the detail at the bottom of the dress and I love the detail on the shoulders, This cost €72

This bodycon floral dress is one of my favorite pieces from the collection, however I think it would be suited more in a summer collection. I love the length and print and how it cinches in at the waist to flatter most womans shape and I think it would be perfect for spring/summer. Price €82

Racy lace: Separates include wardrobe staples from wrap front sheer blouses and ladylike pencil skirts (L) sheer top, £30, (C) peach blouse, £38, (R) black pencil skirt, £38
This leather pencil skirt will travel into spring and hopefully summer and will go with most things in your wardrobe and is priced at a reasonable €45

Racy lace: Separates include wardrobe staples from wrap front sheer blouses and ladylike pencil skirts (L) sheer top, £30, (C) peach blouse, £38, (R) black pencil skirt, £38
This blush pink blouse is perfect for Spring and summer and will go with many colors from black to white to other pastels. I think it is very smart while casual and you can pick it up for €45

Revealed: The full campaign shots of the sisters modelling the range will be unveiled later this week (L) floral black dress, £60, (C) colourful floral dress, £58, (R) peach bodycon, £60
This shift dress is a bit drab and dull. I don't like the obvious white lining  and I think for €72 it is over priced for something that is not even that nice.

Revealed: The full campaign shots of the sisters modelling the range will be unveiled later this week (L) floral black dress, £60, (C) colourful floral dress, £58, (R) peach bodycon, £60
Although I think this is a nice dress and I like the pattern on it I think the material is too cheap looking for the price they are asking, It is not worth €70 and I think they need to have a hard look at what they are charging

Overall: Ever since the sister started business with Lipsy I lost a lot of interest. I myself think Lipsy is overpriced at can be tacky at times. When I saw their first Lipsy collection I was underwhelmed as their previous efforts with Dorothy Perkins we're really cool and fun clothing that I always bought. My reaction to this collection is no different. I think it is the same items just recycled, it feels a little lazy to me. I think the collection is is also overpriced. In general Lipsy is overpriced but for the material and quality most of the products are not worth the money. Granted there are a few items I would like, such as the blush pink bodycon dress and the midi skirt, but other than that this is the first collection by the sisters that I really do not care for at it is a real shame




No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger