Thursday 5 December 2013

Joe Jonas Artical

Earlier this week Joe Jonas gave an interview and blew the medias perceptions of him wide open. He said how he lost his virginity at 20 even though the band were famous for the purity rings. How He first did drugs at 17 thanks to Miley and Demi and that he felt Disney was far to controlling.
The piece is one of the most refreshing pieces of writing I have read in a long time. These boys were the epitome of squeaky clean, that was part of the appeal, now with this new revelation it just goes to show how good some marketing can be. I don't for one second believe him and his brothers were doing the whole drugs sex and rock n roll but her even said in the piece, "I took advantage of the opportunities handed to me" he wrote when came to girls throwing himself at him which I applaud him for being so open about, any red blooded man is going to give into temptation at some point, it's human nature. I also think it was a very brave move to be so openly critical about Disney, one of the biggest corporations in the world. He said how he hated their sitcom "JONAS" which was pure slapstick comedy but aimed at a very young age.
If I was to say anything about this article is that I would not have mentioned Demi and Mileys encouraging him to do drugs. I just think he knows that they are so well known it opens a can of worms about what they did behind the scenes when they tried to keep it private back the.
He was also very vocal about how he wanted to tell the world Demi is sick but couldn't because he had a brand to protect. He wrote "I got to see her struggling with like drug abuse." we all know Demi had issues and I think she is so brave for being so open but I never heard her admit she had a drug problem.
I love Joe and the boys and applaud him for his brutal honesty. He wants to tell the world, I am a 24 year old artist, not a Disney byproduct, The way he describes in the article, Disney seem to have more or a grip on their acts then we thought. I can see a bit more why Miley acts the way she is. Disney makes their kids be the very good kids, being bold and being so open abut being a badass is different and rebeling against they restrignt they seemed to face for so long.
I think people need to lay off him and say well done, how many other stars are so vocal?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger