Monday 17 February 2014

Fashion Review: BAFTA Awards

Last night the creme de le creme of British cinema and an array of international stars graced London to celebrate a great year in film. Some of the biggest stars on the planet graced the red carpet in some stunning fashions and here is a look some of last nights looks


Injecting some much needed colour: Lupita Nyong'o wore a striking emerald green Christian Dior dress as she walked the red carpet at the EE BAFTA Awards in London on Sunday night
THE woman of the moment Lupita Nyong'o brought the fabulous again in this striking green Dior gown. The color against her skin is flawless and the gold bands are a perfect top off, flawless

Subdued: Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett and Uma Thurman all opted for simple black gowns on the red carpet for the awards
Amy Adams kept up her great fashion record in this Victoria Beckham creation. I love the silhouette and how elegant it is. I also like how she went for a British designer to the event. It is pure VB, classic simple and striking, she looks great 

Subdued: Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett and Uma Thurman all opted for simple black gowns on the red carpet for the awards
Cate Blanchett wore a simple black gown to the awards. I think it's a nice dress but it is a little dull and I know she can do amazing when she wants to ( that golden globes dress) this is underwhelming

Subdued: Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett and Uma Thurman all opted for simple black gowns on the red carpet for the awards
Uma Thurman looked like utter perfection in this stunning gown. She looks so statuesque and elegant and so regal, I have never seen her look better.

Man, I feel like a woman: The LA-born actress teamed her look with a black blazer, a pair of loose black trousers and black stiletto heels
Angelina Jolie I bow down to you. This tuxedo look is amazing. The tailoring is flawless and I love she she took a risk and it payed off. This is my look of the night, she is hands down best dresses. This is a red carpet moment

Taking the plunge: Naomie Harris and Michelle Rodriguez both opted for rather dramatic plunging gowns as they confidently strutted their stuff on the red carpet at the Opera House
Naomi Harris wore hot pink to the event. While I love the color on her I think she looks a little old here. The dress ages her and even though the slit is sexy I am a little underwhelmed

Taking the plunge: Naomie Harris and Michelle Rodriguez both opted for rather dramatic plunging gowns as they confidently strutted their stuff on the red carpet at the Opera House
Michelle Rodriguez wore an interesting creation to the awards. I like how she had leather details on her dress as it means it's still "her". She likes tough and sexy fabrics but I like how she also kept it elegant. 

Elegance: Samantha Barks oozed elegance in a floor-length peach gown at the BAFTAs
Samantha Barks kept it simple and pretty in Calvin Klein. I love the color but I am not crazy about the necklace.She still looks great though

Lovely in lace: Former Bond girl Olga Kurylenko and actress Maggie Gyllenhaal both opted for striking full-length lace gowns as they worked their magic in front of the camera  
Maggie Gyllenhaal wore a very OTT creation to the awards. I like the dress but I hate her hair I think it's too casual  to go with the dress

Best of British: Helen Mirren and Helen McCrory both dazzled in their stylish full-length gowns as they attended the star-studded awards ceremony
Helen Mirren looked fantastic in this amazing dress. I love her here, she looks amazing and she knows it, I love the detail and the mesh of navy and black, this woman is ageless, bravo

 From the sofa to the red carpet: Chat show host Oprah Winfrey looked great in her berry-coloured gown as she posed on the red carpet
Oh Oprah, as much as I love the woman this looks is so dull. I have seen her wear this so many times I just think for the few nominations she got for the Butler she should pull out all the stops, this is nice but so "done"

A bright future: Singer Lily Allen was on the red carpet to support her mother, Alison Owen, who was nominated for an award
Lily Allen. If she did not have that stupid head piece I would love this. It's so Vivienne Westwood, I love coral and pink together and this is an amazing combination but the head piece brings it into Bjork territory, not hot, nearly perfect, just nearly 

Bold and bright: TV presenter Claudia Winkleman injected a welcome bolt of colour to the red carpet in a bright fuchsia gown, while YouTube beauty blogger Tanya Burr followed suit in a pretty buttercup yellow ensemble
Claudia Winkleman, for crying out loud get a makeup artist! You look ridiculous, also the dress blends into the carpet, never good. 





No comments :

Post a Comment

Be an e-tailPR blogger